For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Q: What are the benefits of hiring you as a professional resume writer?
A: By hiring me to write your job-winning resume, you will benefit from the following:
- Access to a certified writer who will craft a powerful and effective resume that stands out from the rest of the applicant pool so that you can get an interview and be hired for your dream job.
- A former chemist and engineer, with a strong investigative research background, who understands the messages that resonate within the STEM sectors, and knows how to highlight your technical expertise without the readers becoming swept up or distracted by industry jargon.
- Excellent resume writing, editing, style, and design skills with the combined power to transform your resume into an attractive, well-written, and compelling document that effectively markets your unique value.
- The ability to target your career and industry by discerning what should or should not be included on your resume, and expressing it in a clear and professional manner.
- An experienced resume writer and perpetual student who has written hundreds of resumes, for people in diverse technical industries, while continuing to build upon her own knowledge level through ongoing training and commitment to the resume writing industry.
- A fresh, unbiased perspective from a professional who can spotlight your remarkable accomplishments, write away any negative aspects, and save you from being your own worst critic.
Q: Why should I hire a member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARW/CC)?
A: The PARW/CC is one of the leading membership organizations for professional resume writers worldwide that offers ongoing mentoring, training and educational opportunities for its members to ensure that their skills remain on the cutting edge of the resume writing industry. You can feel confident that you will love your professionally written resume, and so will your future employer!
Q: What fields do you specialize in?
A: My specialty is writing resumes and other career marketing documents for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professionals. I have written resumes for IT professionals, engineers, Geospatial Information Specialist (GIS), statisticians, data analytics, R&D technicians, environmental scientists, chiropractors and healthcare specialists, as well as Masters and Ph.D. candidates. If it´s science-y or technical, you are in the right place!
I am also unique in that I work with English-speaking expatriates, or clients searching for a science or technical position overseas. Many STEM professions offer fantastic opportunities to work overseas. If you have a desire to work abroad, or are currently living overseas, and seeking a new role to gain a different perspective, experience living and working in a foreign country, and enhance your professional success story, ask me about my international resume service.
My mission is simple. No matter what your situation, I am committed to getting to know each of my clients on a professional level, uncover their unique value, build an outstanding resume based on each client´s specific job target and career goals, and further motivate the reader to take the next step in the hiring process – scheduling an interview!
Q: How much does the service cost?
A: It varies. The resume package prices start at $200 and increase depending on the amount of professional experience that you have. My upfront pricing lets you know exactly how much you will spend on your resume before we even begin. If you are considering any of my additional services, such as a cover letter, LinkedIn, or post-interview thank you letter, please consider the cost savings of a packaged deal. See Service Packages for further details.
Q: Do you offer discount packages?
A: All of my resume packages incorporate a discount when you purchase a resume and a cover letter together. See Service Packages for further details.
Q: I need more than one resume at the same time. Do I receive a discount?
A: Yes. If you are applying to more than one job in various industries, a discount will apply. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Q: How does your process work?
A: See below for the step-by-step procedure with ScienTech Resumes:
(1) Complete your resume order.
Select your resume package or services and complete your order by following the secure, online payment process. All orders are placed through PayPal. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are all accepted. If you require further assistance, please email me at email@example.com or call me at 253-313-8071.
*Note: I do not begin any work until I receive your full payment.
(2) Upload and send your information.
Upload your existing documents, including your current resume, LinkedIn URL, and at least one job posting of a position that you are looking to target. If you do not have an existing resume or a job posting, that is OK. We do not need one to get started. Complete the online form to provide details of your contact information, email address, and the types of position(s) that you want to pursue.
If you do not feel comfortable uploading your documents through the online form, you can email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once I receive your full payment and your uploaded documents, a brief client information questionnaire will be emailed to you to start the process. Upon its completion, you can email it back to me and I will follow up with you to set up a time for a consultation via phone or Skype, depending on your preference.
(3) Receive one-on-one personal consultation.
The pre-consultation questionnaire helps me in the initial process of getting to know you. From there, I will contact you to set up a time that is convenient for you to further discuss your career goals and questionnaire responses.
I am very flexible and I will work around your schedule to set up your consultation. I understand that you cannot discuss your resume during your work hours. Therefore, I can accommodate you with evening and weekend consultations, and I work with clients all over the world in various time zones. All I ask is that you set aside at least 60 minutes for the consultation. Consultations may last longer or less depending on your individual situation and how much information I need to gather.
*Note: These consultations are FREE of charge.
(4) Review your resume draft.
You will receive your new resume and any other documents within 5-6 business days from the time that the consultation is completed.
Q: Do you provide revisions to my resume?
A: Yes. You will have unlimited revisions, within reason, until you are fully satisfied with your order.
Q: In what formats do you provide my final resume?
A: After your approval of the final resume draft, you will receive your resume and other related documents in the following formats:
- MS Word: This is the basic, and most widely accepted, format. The .doc format is most useful for easily printing, updating, and taking the resume with you into the interview. The Word format is also the most reader-friendly. It is always handy to have a print-friendly version on hand to take to interviews, career fairs, and for the rare occasions when an employer requests resumes in old-school ways by mail or fax.
- PDF: The PDF is great for uploading an entire file into an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or for emailing to a hiring manager. The PDF acts as a locked picture for the resume layout. Therefore, you can count on the document opening up and looking exactly the same, even if the person opening the file does not have the same word processing program as you.
- ASCII Plain Text: The text format is best used for situations where you are asked to copy and paste your resume into an Applicant Tracking System, or ATS, text box. In many ATS platforms, the system has a tendency to strip out the styling elements, such as bold, italics, indenting, symbols, etc. leaving behind only the plain text. A text format is not intended to be visually attractive, but to be found in keyword-searchable databases.
Armed with these 3 formats, you can rest assured that you can present an attractive resume to any employer no matter what situation you encounter.
Q: Can I contact you while you are preparing my resume?
A: Absolutely. We can communicate via email, telephone, or Skype if you have any questions throughout the writing process. See Contact Me for more information.
Q: Who actually writes my resume package?
A: Your resume package and any other additional services that you purchase are personally written by me. I do not use subcontractors or outsource any projects. You will work with me, and only me, throughout the entire writing process.
Q: When can I expect to receive my resume and other related documents?
A: You will receive your resume within 5-6 business days.
Q: Can I see samples of your work?
A: Certainly! Please see my Samples page.
Q: Can you guarantee my privacy?
A: Of course. You have my word that I will never share your personal, contact, or credit card information with anyone under any circumstances.
Q: What if I lose my resume or my computer breaks down and I cannot access it?
A: No worries! All of your files are backed up and stored for a lifetime, unless you ask me to delete them. You can rest assured that you will always have copies of your documents available if you need them.