Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, frozen (we used used Chicken Thighs, but can you can use either)
3 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
4 cups chicken broth
1 sweet onion diced
3 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried tarragon
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 8ct pkg Grands flaky layer biscuits
We also added 1 small bag of frozen veggies (peas, carrots and green beans)
HOW TO PREPARE
- Throw all the ingredients (except for the biscuits) into a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Cut biscuits into small pieces. You can pull about the different layers. I went for smaller sizes so that they would cook faster and not be doughy.
- Add uncooked biscuit pieces back to soup, then add the shredded chicken.
- Stir it up, so all the dough and chicken is submerged in liquid.
- Cook for an extra 45 minutes on high.
- Stir again and serve!