How to find the best plumber in Tacoma at an affordable price
How To Find The Best Plumber In Tacoma At An Affordable Price.
It can be very difficult to find a good plumber let alone the best plumber in Tacoma, Pierce County and surrounding areas. The best plumbers are in high demand because their work is outstanding and prices affordable. Their customers rave and refer them which keeps the phone ringing. Sadly, some plumbing companies are more interested in training their plumbers to get as much money from naïve and trusting customers as possible (some will say they cheat people out of their money).
While you may not think a plumber is “worth it”, small drips can waste over eight gallons of water a day, and a continuously running toilet can waste more than 200 gallons of water daily. If you ignore them, you’ll pay for it when your water bill arrives. A plumber who offers services at a reasonable rate can actually save you money.
These tips will help you find a great plumber at an affordable price that you can trust.
“Don’t go to the Yellow Pages to find a plumber,” says Bill Stevens, owner of Berkey’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning in Texas. “It’s like guessing lottery numbers. Anyone can make an appealing ad, but that doesn’t mean they are legitimate. In this industry, it’s easy for a plumber who develops a poor reputation to advertise under a different name. They come and go.”
- Look for a plumber who is well-established in your community.
- Check the Better Business Bureau and read customer reviews at sites such as http://www.igniteu365.com.
- Local contractors or plumbing fixture stores can also refer you to a quality plumber, according to Grady Daniel, who owns a plumbing company in Austin, Texas. “Most of these firms won’t work with bad plumbers.” Good contractors & plumbers usually pay bills on time to the supply house, have a good reputation with inspectors and are known to past customers for doing quality work.
- Ask your neighbors for a referral. The best way to find a good plumber is to have referrals from people you trust. Ask a friend, relative, or colleague you trust for a recommendation. A trusted plumber that consistently delivers quality service does not remain a secret for very long.
- If you've had a good experience with another service contractor such as an A/C repair technician, a roofer or an electrician, ask them for a referral. Any contractor who has been working in the industry usually has contacts.
How can you know the quality and expertise of a plumber or if they are legitimate and affordable?
- Check to make sure that they have a plumbing license. The best rule to follow is to be sure that they're licensed and carry full insurance that protects you and your neighbor’s property in the event of a catastrophe.
- Ask how long they have been in business for. While this is not necessarily a sign they are the best plumber, it is an indication as to whether they will disappear on you. Theoretically, reputable companies should last, while disreputable ones fade. (We can hope this is what happens)
- Get more than one bid/quote for the job. This only works if both plumbers have the same job in mind. To have the lowest bid, some plumbing companies strip their jobs back to the absolute minimum. This may affect the quality of which will have you calling another plumber sooner than you would like. If you ask the company that is more expensive why their price is higher, you can determine what the difference is.
- Ask about their guarantee. This is a must. Is there a money back guarantee? Are there any limitations to the guarantee? Is it the guarantee written on the bid/quote? Plumbers with who want to ensure satisfaction and confident in their performance standards will put their money where their mouth is.
- A plumber who gives pricing for small jobs over the phone is not an indication of affordability or quality. It is a good idea for all parties concerned to have plumbers provide quotes only when they are in front of the job so they get it exactly and 100% right.
- Important: Get flat, fixed quotes so you know exactly what the plumber will do and exactly what you will pay. Again, the only way this will be truly accurate is if the plumber is in front of the work.
In any community, there is a good chance that a plumber’s name will pop up more than once.
Looking for an affordable plumber who offer great service? Check these plumbing companies out. The reviews show they may just be the best in Tacoma, Puyallup and the surrounding Pierce County area.